- What is STARR?
STARR is a JV comprised of four proven leaders in DFIRM mapping, risk assessment, risk communication, and mitigation planning: Atkins, Greenhorne & O’Mara, Stantec, and CDM. Under this alliance, STARR partners work as one in a common vision and purpose to reduce the loss of life and property caused by floods. STARR is helping FEMA and its partners create a flood-savvy nation, one community at a time. We accomplish this vision through leveraging ongoing partnerships and inspiring local action to mitigate flood risk.
- What are the services provided by STARR:
• DFIRM Production and Adoption
• Hazard Identification and Mapping
• GIS and Database Applications
• Outreach and Risk Communications
• Watershed Management
• Coastal Analysis, Protection, and Restoration
• Vulnerability and Risk Assessment
• Mitigation Planning and Funding
• Disaster Response
• Water Resources Engineering
- Which FEMA Regions are benefited from STARR technical services and production?
The STARR alliance works with Regions I, V, VII and X.
- What happens with other FEMA Regions?
Baker AECOM assist Regions IV, VIII and IX and RAMPP provides technical services and production to Regions II, III, and VI.
- How do I know if my State is part of the FEMA Regions covered by STARR? Check the map provided in http://www.starr-team.com/starr/RegionalWorkspaces/Pages/default.aspx